This website is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. For information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the Federal Trade Commission website at www.ftc.gov.
- Information we collect. We collect personally identifiable information that can identify you such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and Driver’s License Number (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). We also collect information such as demographic data and data about your online activity on our website that does not identify you (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” or “Non-PII”). PII and Non-PII are known together as “Information.” We may also collect and store information that you provide to us about other people (such as co-Potential Adopters), including their name, address, telephone number, email address, and Driver’s License.
- How We Collect Information You Provide:
- From You. We collect Information you provide to us (i) in connection with inquiring about or obtaining our Services; and (ii) in connection with a job application. The Information we collect from you will vary depending on the product or service requested.
- Other Sources. We may obtain Information about you from third parties, such as but not limited to: criminal reports, Information about your home and demographic information. PetCert takes your privacy seriously and performs these checks does not alter or change the information you provide in your inquiry form.
Other Technologies. We may use web beacons and other standard Internet technologies to track your use on our websites. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, targeting and re-targeting pixels, third party pixels or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
- How We Use Information
- In General. We may use Information to:
- Deliver the products and services you requested;
- Manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support
- Research and analyze your use of, or interest in, our products, services and content and the products, services and content offered by others;
- Communicate with you via e-mail, telephone, postal mail and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interst to you;
- Develop and display content and services tailored to your interests on our website and other websites;
- Develop and deliver targeted advertisements;
- Measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming and other activities;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests, and sweepstakes;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as described to you at the time of collection.
- Job Applicants. If your PII is submitted when applying for a position with us, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your PII for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions or as required by law.
- With Whom do we Share Your Information
- For Potential Adopters.
- With two redactions, the application Information that Potential Adopters’ provide to PetCert will be shared in its entirety with the Adoption Organization that originated the application process. The Potential Adopters’ Driver’s License Number and credit card numbers are redacted from the application information that is included in the Pet Certification report given to your referring Adoption Organization.
- Your name and address and the type of pet you are adopting might be shared with a local or chain pet store in your area that will provide you with a “Welcome Home” kit of coupons, small toys, etc. Kits will vary by pet store partner and will be dependent upon such a pet store partnership existing prior to the adoption date. Potential Adopters can opt out of the welcome kit by indicating their decision on the application, and can also opt-out of future “Welcome Home” kits by either indicating their choice on their newest application or by writing us at: PetCert, Inc. 1519 Union Avenue Suite 186 Memphis, TN 38104.
- For Adoption Organizations.
- The Information you put in on your Adoption Organization Profile Page is shared with the world and should be considered public information.
- We will give the Potential Adopter the organization name and phone number registered to the organization in their PetCert file at their request. This information is also repeated at the top of the application, as it is to the Adoption Organization that the Potential Adopter is applying.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your Information at our sole discretion:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency.
- To establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees or others; or to enforce our websites' terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Subscriptions and Unsubscribing. When you “submit” information, including application information, or create an account through PetCert’s website, PetCert may send you periodic email updates or submit your information to third parties. If you do not wish to continue to receive communications from PetCert or third parties, you may modify your preferences through clicking the “unsubscribe” link on any email we send you, or within your PetCert account. In addition, you agree to notify PetCert Customer Service at 901 555-5309 or reach out to any Adoption Organization or Potential Adopters to inform them of your preferred method of contact.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may share Non-PII with third parties at our discretion.
- Third Party Links and Policies. Our website may contain links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These third parties and their servers may be located in the United States or in other countries. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle Information they may collect about you
- Updating and Accessing Your Information. The appropriate method(s) for accessing your Information, if any, will depend on which sites or services you have used. Depending on the respective service, you may have the ability to view or edit some of your information online. You may alternately contact PetCert Customer Service at 901 555-5309 with applicable updates or revisions to your information.
- How we Protect your PII. We take industry standard security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your PII from unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition to the restrictions outlined above, we require employees to comply with information security safeguards, we use encryption in the transmission of your PII between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your PII.
No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your PII, searches or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their PII. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.